Keeping pace in the automobile manufacturing industry requires optimizing JIT (just-in-time) delivery of critical parts and components into their production facilities. Any delay causing critical items to be out of sequence is a costly mistake and is to be avoided. An effective Yard Management System that can provide real-time visibility of critical data throughout the manufacturing process is not only added value for the automotive manufacturer, but should be a requirement. Exotrac’s Real Time Yard Management Solution (YMS) facilitates the proactive planning and orchestration required within the automotive manufacturing campus. The system combines cloud-based software with leading-edge wireless technology to achieve real-time visibility of all transactions and assets within any one or multiple facilities
All constituent groups can view the transactions and activity being conducted throughout the automotive manufacturing operation. This visibility provides the management team the ability to immediately react to issues that may impact the efficient flow of raw materials into the production facility. Exotrac’s Real Time Yard Management Solution (YMS) ensures that the yard operation becomes the focal point to command and control the flow of raw materials and finished products. The Yard Management Solution allows them to proactively plan, organize and optimize their supply chain. The result is supply chain efficiency, cost reduction and high level customer experience at an economical price. Show Less
Our automotive manufacturing customers realized:
- A yard system that enables greater efficiency and reduced costs.
- Increased production line up-time due to the pre-planning and exception management capabilities achieved through real-time visibility.
- Visibility, status and condition of all trailers and containers within the manufacturing campus.
- Real time visibility of all containers from port and railroad yard into and out of the manufacturing campus, allowing JIT(just-in-time) processing.
- Return on investment delivered in months rather than years.
- No impact to the capital budget.
- Reduced fuel consumption on company owned trailer fleet and yard tractors.
- The ability to pre-plan door moves in multiple facilities to optimize staffing and proximity within the manufacturing campus.
- Reduced overall handling costs.
- Better yard utilization within the manufacturing campus.
- Cloud based technology that provides the ultimate in flexibility, requiring little or no corporate IT involvement.
- A significant reduction of detention and demurrage fees.
- Reduced error rates from data entry.
- Improved carrier on time efficiency.
- Greater flexibility to adjust to changes in volume, as well as raw material and component availability.
- A yard operation that performed as a conduit, effectively connecting the Yard Management Solution with the TMS, WMS and MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning).
- Reductions in overall transportation spending.
- A Web dashboard that provides instant access to data via computer, smart phone, tablet or any wireless device allowing instant reaction to exception situations.
- A reporting mechanism based upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), empowering both managers and executives to take immediate corrective action where necessary.
Improved visibility, transparency, accountability and communication throughout the supply chain.
Key Features of the Exotrac Real-Time Yard Management System
- On demand dispatch move functionality for Yard Jockey operations.
- FIFO (first-in-first-out) prioritization.
- Know when orders are processed in real-time, improving compliance and inventory management.
- Manage any type of shipment or load type including: prepaid, collect, LTL, TL, Container and parcel with exception tracking and reporting.
- Expandable software design allows optimization of single or multiple site operations.
- Seamless transition with corporate legacy systems, ERP, WMS, TMS and vendor supplier systems.
- Real-time visibility of all assets, locations and transactions – 24/7/365.
- Current processes are analyzed and reengineered to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Utilization of the “local” terminology streamlines the training process and overall installation timeline by retaining as many points of familiarity as possible.
- Flexible software platforms are 90% functional out of the box, with 10% tailored to operational needs.
- Performance tracking and exception reporting on trailer arrival and departure, measuring carrier and drayage company compliance.
- Dashboard metrics allow management to visualize yard activity and equipment placement, as well as detention and demurrage.
- Know what is in each trailer or container, when it will arrive and what to do with it. when it arrives gives the ‘3PL’ team the optimum efficiency and improves the overall operational effectiveness.
- The system is a verified management tool for managing vendor and supplier compliance accomplished through the automation of physical yard checks and simplified door plan management in gate and out gate, door cycle and transit between campus facilities in real-time.
- Web portal allows customer, carrier, rail yard and port to view their respective trailer pool.
- Key Performance Indicators analytics provide management reports necessary to drive process improvements.
Our customers are singing our praises
“ Exotrac converted our yard operation into an efficient regulator of raw materials and manufacturing support products into our production campus. The ability to see and understand the contents of every unit (trailer or container) supported our just-in-time philosophy. ”