Exotrac helps your manufacturing company decrease costs and increase efficiency through advanced Yard Management Systems (YMS) and software.
Staying competitive in manufacturing requires the optimization of JIT (just-in-time) supply chain networks that achieve end-to-end visibility of transactions and the corresponding data. The requirement to increase capacity within the same physical plant means that manufacturers must innovate and work with best-in-class technology to ensure sustainability. This creates fluid movement of raw materials and finished products, while at the same time reducing labor expense through the enhanced capability to plan and optimize effectively. Any delay causing critical items to be out of sequence is a costly mistake and is to be avoided. Exotrac’s Real-Time Yard Management Solution (YMS) facilitates the proactive planning and orchestration required within the manufacturing campus. The system combines cloud-based software with leading-edge wireless technology to achieve real-time visibility of all transactions and assets.
Visibility extends from the manufacturing campus to seaport, rail yard, production and distribution facilities. All constituent groups view the transactions and activity being conducted throughout the manufacturing operation in real time. This visibility provides the management team the ability to immediately react to issues that may impact the efficient flow of JIT (just-in-time) raw materials into the production facility. Exotrac ensures that the yard operation becomes the portal through which our customers command and control the flow of raw materials, work-in-progress (WIP), and finished products into and out of the manufacturing facility — all in real-time with actionable visibility. We work with our manufacturing customers to support their efforts by providing an effective yard management system, supporting their goals and expectations of end-to-end supply chain visibility. Our Yard Management Solution allows them to proactively plan, organize and optimize their supply chain. The result is supply chain efficiency, cost reduction and high level customer experience at an economical price
- A yard system that enables greater efficiency and reduced costs.
- Increased production line up-time due to pre-planning and exception management capabilities achieved through real-time visibility.
- Visibility, status and condition of all trailers and containers within the manufacturing campus.
- Real time visibility of all containers from port and railroad yard into and out of the manufacturing campus, allowing just in time processing.
- Return on investment delivered in months rather than years.
- Return on investment delivered in months rather than years.
- No impact to the capital budget.
- Reduced fuel consumption on company-owned trailer fleet and yard tractors.
- The ability to pre-plan door moves in multiple facilities to optimize staffing and proximity within the manufacturing campus.
- Reduced overall handling costs.
- Better yard utilization within the manufacturing campus.
- Cloud-based technology that provides the ultimate in flexibility, requiring little or no corporate IT involvement.
- A significant reduction of detention and demurrage fees.
- Reduced error rates from data entry.
- Improved carrier on-time efficiency.
- Greater flexibility to adjust to changes in volume as well as raw material and component availability.
- A yard operation that performed as a conduit, effectively connecting the Yard Management Solution with the TMS, WMS and MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning).
- Reductions in overall transportation spending.
- A Web dashboard that provides instant access to data via computer, smart phone, tablet or any wireless device allowing instant reaction to exception situations.
- A reporting mechanism based upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), empowering both managers and executives to take immediate corrective action where necessary.
- Improved visibility, transparency, accountability and communication throughout the supply chain resulting from real time data visibility.
- On demand dispatch move functionality for Yard Jockey operations.
- FIFO (first-in-first-out) prioritization.
- Know when orders are processed in real-time, improving compliance and inventory management.
- Manage any type of shipment or load type including: prepaid, collect, LTL, TL, Container and parcel with exception tracking and reporting.
- Expandable software design allows optimization of single or multiple site operations.
- Seamless transition with corporate legacy systems, ERP, WMS, TMS and vendor supplier systems.
- Real-time visibility of all assets, locations and transactions – 24/7/365.
- Current processes are analyzed and reengineered to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Utilization of the “local” terminology streamlines the training process and overall installation timeline by retaining as many points of familiarity as possible.
- Flexible software platforms are 90% functional out of the box, with 10% tailored to operational needs.
- Performance tracking and exception reporting on trailer arrival and departure, measuring carrier and drayage company compliance.
- Dashboard metrics allow management to visualize yard activity and equipment placement, as well as detention and demurrage.
- Know what is in each trailer or container, when it will arrive and what to do with it. when it arrives gives the ‘3PL’ team the optimum efficiency and improves the overall operational effectiveness.
- The system is a verified management tool for managing vendor and supplier compliance accomplished through the automation of physical yard checks and simplified door plan management in gate and out gate, door cycle and transit between campus facilities in real-time.
- Web portal allows customer, carrier, rail yard and port to view their respective trailer pool.
- Key Performance Indicators analytics provide management reports necessary to drive process improvements.
“ Exotrac helped us increase our production line throughput because we can now visualize and prioritize critical shipments that are necessary to keep our lines going. Being able to see what is on the property and plan for shipments that had not yet arrived gave us the competitive edge we were looking for. ”