Truck and Trailer Leasing
Truck and trailer leasing companies require the control and management of vast amounts of equipment situated at numerous locations. They must be able to assess trailer and tractor condition at each point of transition with efficiency and economy. Additionally, their economic survival depends upon rapid turnaround of lease units that are in proper working order, operating effectively and safely for their customers. In order to ensure high-level customer experience, truck and trailer leasing companies require real-time visibility of all company-owned and leasehold units. These companies must know where assets are, how long they have been there, their physical condition, how often they are moving and when they are due for maintainance – all in real-time. Exotrac’s Real Time Yard Management System (YMS) provides truck and trailer leasing companies the improved control and accountability they need to ensure viability of their assets.
Inbound security gate visual inspection and physical condition documentation (via android device) begins the process. Exotrac eliminates bottlenecks by improving the speed and fluidity of movement into and throughout the yard locations. Employees and management have the ability to pre-plan moves to optimize location and expedite processing. Exotrac provides real-time updates about location, status, fuel consumption and scheduled maintenance for all assets. Exotrac’s solution provides customers with the ability to dynamically assign movements of assets to the proper location within the yard, thereby optimizing yard jockey labor effectiveness. All moves are pre-assigned with the android tablet allowing adjustments in real-time to changing conditions and circumstances within the operation. Exotrac has a robust event management capability, providing alerts to all constituent groups allowing immediacy of reaction to exception situations. Exotrac provides our truck and trailer leasing customers the ability to increase security gate throughput, create effective yard operations, enhance their conformity to high-level operating procedures and streamline their operations, all achieved through the real-time visibility of activity within the yard operation. Exotrac brings efficiency, accountability and cost control to our truck and trailer leasing customers all at an economical price point.
- Geofencing capabilities that provide a virtual boundary of the yard confines.
- Return on investment delivered in months rather than years.
- No impact to the capital budget.
- Better utilization of yard and maintenance personnel, driving down labor expense.
- Higher truck and trailer lease inventory turn rates.
- Improved asset control and optimization.
- Increased throughput within the yard operation.
- Pre-planning moves to optimize staffing and proximity.
- An enhanced ability to control leasehold assets.
- Reduced overall handling costs.
- Better yard utilization, reducing square footage needed to stage truck and trailer assets.
- Improved lease unit time-to-market.
- Cloud-based technology that provides the ultimate in flexibility, requiring little or no corporate IT involvement.
- Reduced asset downtime, with real-time visibility of maintenance history and timely preventative maintenance performed as scheduled.
- Greater flexibility to adjust to changes in volume, seasonality, and customer expectations.
- A yard operation that performed as a portal, effectively connecting the company’s legacy systems with the yard operation – providing data visibility in the leasing supply chain.
- A Web dashboard that provides instant access to data via computer, smart phone, tablet or any wireless device – allowing rapid reaction to exception situations.
- A reporting mechanism based on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), empowering both managers and executives to take immediate corrective action where necessary.
- Improved visibility, transparency, accountability and communication throughout the supply chain resulting from real-time data visibility.
Key Features of the Exotrac Real-Time Yard Management System
- On demand dispatch move functionality for Yard Jockey operations.
- FIFO (first-in-first-out) prioritization.
- Know when orders are processed in real-time, improving compliance and inventory management.
- Manage any type of shipment or load type including: prepaid, collect, LTL, TL, Container and parcel with exception tracking and reporting.
- Expandable software design allows optimization of single or multiple site operations.
- Seamless transition with corporate legacy systems, ERP, WMS, TMS and vendor supplier systems.
- Real-time visibility of all assets, locations and transactions – 24/7/365.
- Current processes are analyzed and reengineered to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Utilization of the “local” terminology streamlines the training process and overall installation timeline by retaining as many points of familiarity as possible.
- Flexible software platforms are 90% functional out of the box, with 10% tailored to operational needs.
- Performance tracking and exception reporting on trailer arrival and departure, measuring carrier and drayage company compliance.
- Dashboard metrics allow management to visualize yard activity and equipment placement, as well as detention and demurrage.
- Know what is in each trailer or container, when it will arrive and what to do with it. when it arrives gives the ‘3PL’ team the optimum efficiency and improves the overall operational effectiveness.
- The system is a verified management tool for managing vendor and supplier compliance accomplished through the automation of physical yard checks and simplified door plan management in gate and out gate, door cycle and transit between campus facilities in real-time.
- Web portal allows customer, carrier, rail yard and port to view their respective trailer pool.
- Key Performance Indicators analytics provide management reports necessary to drive process improvements.
Our customers are singing our praises
“ Exotrac’s solution provided us with increased control of our leasing assets helping us keep track of every movement into and out of our facilities, capturing in real-time the condition and status of each asset. The system supported our achievement of lower yard labor and equipment damage costs, while ensuring the rapid turn of leased equipment achieving improved overall profitability and customer service. ”